morning break
~This morning I couldn't take it anymore~
~ Well, let's say today I can't take it anymore~
perhaps all week
I needed tea (plantation mint to be exact), I needed a lit candle,(the one in the window, set apart to be my morning solstice) some brush pens (lyra, bought on sale at Hobby Lobby)
I needed a quiet hour or two. I shooed the kids outside (minus one who was visiting a greatgrandma) steeped the tea, brought out the materials and doodled.
Pictured is one of the cards my 6yodd loved. Though when she first looked at it she thought it was a candle on a chocolate cake. I had not yet grabbed my pen and added some detail (the drawer and legs). Soon she was back inside (grabbing my brush pens~ ack. I had to share.........) and making her own image. She chose her favorite colors (as did I). The finished product has a drawer on the table and loads of dots.
I enjoyed her interest in what I was doing. Even if she thought the desk was a cake. Should I chalk that up to my skills or her eye? I never know ;~)
~ Well, let's say today I can't take it anymore~
perhaps all week
I needed tea (plantation mint to be exact), I needed a lit candle,(the one in the window, set apart to be my morning solstice) some brush pens (lyra, bought on sale at Hobby Lobby)
I needed a quiet hour or two. I shooed the kids outside (minus one who was visiting a greatgrandma) steeped the tea, brought out the materials and doodled.
Pictured is one of the cards my 6yodd loved. Though when she first looked at it she thought it was a candle on a chocolate cake. I had not yet grabbed my pen and added some detail (the drawer and legs). Soon she was back inside (grabbing my brush pens~ ack. I had to share.........) and making her own image. She chose her favorite colors (as did I). The finished product has a drawer on the table and loads of dots.
I enjoyed her interest in what I was doing. Even if she thought the desk was a cake. Should I chalk that up to my skills or her eye? I never know ;~)



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home