Tuesday, August 28, 2007

A little vacation art to share with you and my 100 things list.
(see #28)

1 born on July 3rd, everyone says, "Hey! You were almost a firecracker!"
2 if you ask my mom, i was/am a firecracker.
3 i met my dh when we were 17
4 he is my mirror
5 i lost a daughter to a birth defect (she lived one hour)
6 i know that grieving sucks
7 i have three delightful children
8 i feel i am very blessed as a mom
9 music has always been a part of my life
10 i play guitar
11 i used to play clarinet
12 i can play piano in a pinch.
13 i teach music theory
14 and use a curriculum i've written myself
15 most of the time i really like to cook
16 and bake
17 sometimes i like to order out
18 my favorite restaurant is Yen Cheng
19 my other favorite is Los Bravos (oldest dd called it Los Brackos when she was a toddler ;-)
20 i like to order carmel macchiato from starbucks
21 and mango ice tea, extra ice, no sugar from sonic
22 i am inclined to hippieness
23 to being a free spirit
24 i am a Christian
25 i like to sketch
26 i really like watercolor pencils
27 i was afraid to buy a moleskine
28 now it is nearly full
29 i cannot sew to save my life
30 okay, maybe a button but that is it
31 knitting frightens me
32 danny gregory's books are two of my favorites
33 so is the teenage liberation handbook.
34 i wish i'd read it when i was a preteen
35 i hated school
36 (that is not why) i homeschool my children
37 i met my best friend in 1989
38 in 1989 i was working three jobs
39 and going to beauty school
40 i was a hairstylist for 10 years
41 then i quit to be a mom
42 my hair has been bleached blonde
43 " purple
44 " nearly black
45 " red
46 scrabble is my favorite game
47 uno is my fav. to play with the kids
48 i'm a gadget girl
49 my favorite hot tea is plantation mint
50 i am a harry potter fan
51 Molly Weasley is my favorite character
52 i like folk music
53 Abigail Washburn is my favorite folk singer
54 I also like The Police
55 and Sinead O'Connor
56 I am an early to bed and (somewhat- you know, reasonably) early to rise person
57 I like time alone
58 I would get facials frequently if I could afford them
59 i hate buying greeting cards, so I usually don't.
60 i once wore acrylic nails. (bad choice)
61 Martin Luther is my hero
62 so is my grandmother
63 haven't finished pride and prejudice - ever
64 I know some German
65 some Spanish
66 some Latin, but not enough of any of them to be fluent
67 i've been to Las Vegas
68 Vancouver
69 Vail
70 and The Virgin Islands with my dh's job
71 I worked at the Olive Garden when I was 17
72 I know that canned black olives are really just dyed green olives. Gross.
73 I love M&Ms
74 i once offended a whole group of people by using the word crap.
75 pumpkin spice candles are my favorite
78 green is my favorite color
79 I wish my kids could still wear Robeez
80 my kids crack me up
81 I still think my dh is gorgeous
82 I drive a station wagon.
83 i really like creating ATCs
84 sometimes I don't want to trade them.
85 it has taken me most of the day to get to number 85
86 i'm a jeans and tee-shirt girl
87 but I still like a skirt sometimes
88 i'd love to learn more about photography
89 i don't wear my wedding ring
90 it is too small, must have shrunk over the years, cheap gold.
91 I don't drink, just isn't my thing
92 i think brownies are better than cookies
93 i've only moved away once
94 i moved back six months later
95 that was not my choice
96 i've always had a dog
97 usually some small furry critter too
98 and cats, though they are not my favorite
99 i'm an only child
100 i just finished reading "The Fortune Quilt". (it would make a good chick - flick)

"earthboy"
drawn one vacation morning, whilst still in my pj's and every other family member was out of the cabin. Definitely the best part of my vacation!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Blogger kitten said...

Gosh! Glad you posted that. Gives people a little more since of who you are. I resemble 38 of your 100. lol!
I may do me a list later. I have sick, so if i feel better i will. here's the ones we sorta a like. ( I think it is way cool!)
5.6.7.8.9.14.15.16.17.22.23.24.31.35.36.48.50.52.54.56.57.58.59.60.62.73.74.75 (just one of mine-i have pumkin spice candels all in my kicthen) 78.80.81~

6:04 AM  
Blogger kitten said...

oops! for got 86.87.91.92.96.97.98.
See. I told ya I was delirious. LOL!

6:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love lists. I love that it took you most of the day to get to #85. Ha.

4:33 PM  
Blogger kitten said...

Hey, sweetie! Instead of a list to a 100, I'm doing a ABC meme. I'm listing things I like or about me or things that mean a lot to me.
Enjoy your vacation!

7:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home