Friday, August 03, 2007

What a week.

First of all, I should say that Holiday World was much fun!
The oldest didn't go, which was probably a wise choice as she'd have had to wait around a lot for
"little kid" rides, etc.. we're going to take her in a couple of weeks. She'll be much more daring.
For the others, I think we could have spent all day at the wave pool. Okay with me!
Monday we did a bit more swimming with friends. Then Monday night, a bit of a sore throat.
Kind of a weird sore throat, the pain was in the bottom right of my throat. Tuesday morning I wake up
for sure with fever, go back to sleep. I ended up spending all Tuesday waking up, then going back to sleep.
Every so often calling out to the oldest, "Can you make sandwiches for the kids?". Oh, so nice to have
one who can care for the others. "Just turn on another video." (me)
"But mom, they've watched like five. That's a lot of videos." (my wise dd)
"It's okay, really. Hey, call grandma. See if she can pick you up."
And then grandma comes through. (Thank God for living near family)
Now remember I haven't gotten out of the bed once all day. When Grandma shows up she
checks on me (Girl, get to the doctor) the promptly yells at the kids for the messes all around the house.
Um, thanks mom. Perhaps not the best time. Yet things do need to be picked up and the "potion" making in the bathroom should be wiped up.
The next day I do end up at the Dr, he swabs my throat. (who the hell came up with that test?)
And a huge yes, it is strep.
Okay this doesn't work for me. I have too much going on. Really, the Tuesday in bed was the only day I could afford this week. I have new students for music starting tomorrow, I have camp this weekend with my 6yog, I've already been in bed 22+ hours! He says, don't panic, you can have an injection and you'll be better within 24 hours. Okay, that is pushing my agenda, but let's do it.
As you see from my journal page above, the nurse then returned,
walked in the door and says, "You're brave. This is a big needle."
"Why, thank you Miss Tactfulness of the year!" Okay, didn't say it aloud, but come on!
After the injection they ask that I wait 20 minutes to make sure I'm okay to leave. Instead of thumbing through the riveting issue of Golf Digest, I pull out my sketchbook.
Problem is, nothing much to sketch...white walls, car seat poster, white cabinets.............
but there is a mirror on the back of the door.
The sketch isn't perfect, please... please tell me I made my hips WAY too big. No way is my midsection that thick! But not to bad for someone with a sore bum, and a 102 fever!
And hey, it is Friday. I made it through my lessons yesterday. They went really well.
I'm leaving for camp this afternoon. I don't know that I'll have the energy that I should for something like this, but no matter. It will be fun and it will be time alone with the middle one.




And now for something completely different (Python anyone?):

A much cuter sketch of __________
who do you think? I'm sure it isn't hard. I sent this is a swap the other day.


Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the sketch... but girlfriend you made your hips WAY too big. xox.

11:08 AM  
Blogger hsing3kinder said...

mwah mwah!
I love you dearest peggy.
ur the best!
~K

2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I caught the sketch earlier at Flickr, but I'm glad I've seen the post now. I was cracking up reading about the day in bed with the kids "fending" - and then Grandma comes (which, admittedly, is really nice!). So, I hope you are feeling much, much better. And, I'm so proud of you for taking advantage of the mirror and the 20-minute wait with your sketchpad!

5:32 PM  
Blogger kitten said...

Glad you are feeling better! Great sketch and no your hips aren't that big. I've seen your pics. Yes, it is good to have family close most of the time!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home