Wednesday, June 27, 2007


cellist first attempt
Originally uploaded by hsmom2luge

This is a sketch is from a photo that I love. Dd is about 8 yrs old and is just so sweet. This is my first attempt and I am happy with most of it but not the face. She has a gorgeous smile that I have not figured out how to capture.
So this picture is three years old.


Many changes in three years time:


~She is on her second teacher since then
~we've moved twice,
~I have no kids in diapers (Whoo Hooo),
~my middle child has started reading - like whole books in one day!

~my youngest has considered a career as Speed Racer, Superman, Dash, and lately, an Artist
~Two of my dearest friends have moved away
~I have relaxed as a parent (and a homeschooler)
~I know more than 3 guitar chords
~My oldest discovered she would like to work with children
~Dh has learned he likes a bit more flexibility in his job
~I found that a curious desire to buy art materials has been in my
heart for a reason all these years...I am an artist

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

woohoo indeed,and you're out of the closet, too. We ought to start our own 12 step group: "My name is _____ and I'm an artist."

9:52 PM  
Blogger hsing3kinder said...

So true.
I know it is a bit dorky to state that, but it is part of embracing this rush of creativity that's been happening.
Perhaps it is step 1 ;-)

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not dorky at all! I love this list - and the final entry in the list, especially. Way to go!

2:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home