Monday, June 25, 2007

April 14th
One of the first sketches I did after listening to the creative mom podcast and hearing the
prompt, "home".


Two months later I am
Surprising myself....
June 25th
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Blogger Creative Life Studio said...

Thanks for stopping by to say hello! :) I love the sketch of the guitar player! All three there are really good, but she is my favorite. :)

I'm also a big Annie Lamott fan. I haven't read any of her fiction, though, as I'm not a big fiction reader. Lately, though, I've been on the hunt for some good works of fiction (other than the classics) that a Christian woman - namely *me* - would enjoy. I find so many modern writers to be quite dark in many of their themes that I shy away. Do you have any good ones to recommend?

9:02 PM  
Blogger hsing3kinder said...

Mrs P.
I just love Anne Lamott! I was able to see her last fall and she was an enjoyable speaker as you might have guessed.
I have not read Christian Fiction in a very long time and most of what I have previously read is pretty dark. I really like Frank Peretti, but I'm sure you would find him dark.
If you like mysteries I would recommend Rex Stout. His Nero Wolfe books are a treat, some language involved. My dh is on a Nero Wolfe spree right now, reading one a week for the last several weeks. We used to watch it on A&E when we had cable. GREAT shows! Right up there with Monk!
I have been reading loads of nonfiction lately. Danny Gregory's books were a great breakthrough for me.
Thanks for stopping by!
Kris

6:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home