sea scape
This is my dd's entry for the local homeschool arts and science fair. This fair has occured for many years, and we have participated for the last 5 (maybe 6). This year we had to sign a participants release, which I found HIGHLY annoying. We were signing a form that we would accept the judge's decision and comments, that we would hold no one specifically accountable for ~ well, to sum it up, anything bad. We also have to make sure our entries are rated G.
I think it is all a little out of hand. If my kids didn't look forward to this so much we would not have taken part this year and I probably would have protested via a personal letter to many homeschooling big wigs in our fair city. If I wanted a ruling body over events such as this, my kids would be in a public school.
I think it is all a little out of hand. If my kids didn't look forward to this so much we would not have taken part this year and I probably would have protested via a personal letter to many homeschooling big wigs in our fair city. If I wanted a ruling body over events such as this, my kids would be in a public school.



2 Comments:
That is really good! Good luck.
kitten
UPDATE!
Dd received very good feedback at the fair tonight, and won an "excellent" ribbon! Whist still irritated with the hoopla of forms et al ~ I'm thankful for a happy girl, rewarded for a job well done.
Post a Comment
<< Home