
Love
Your
Kids
about the only picture I can get of the oldest lately.
I like that she is still peeking, just a tad, over the ruler.
Blue Yonder is having a contest in celebration of her 100th post, and
she asks that you post three words. This is her explanation:
~They can be any words - words you think are important for others to hear, words that describe you, words that sum up your day, words to inspire or words to make us laugh.
Robert Frost once said, "In just three words I can sum up everything I have learned about life. It goes on."
My three words ~
Love
Your
Kids
They are words that I think are important to hear, words that sum up my day and words to inspire. They are the words of advice I give to new moms.
Perhaps that advice seems obvious.
Yet, I have seen moms get so caught up in what they are supposed to teach their children, they forget to love them. Moms (and dads) focused on training up their children, on what punishments fit what behaviors, what schooling is the best, what will put their child on top, what will fulfill their needs. (whose? the mom's needs or the child's needs?)
Someone once shared a book with me called, To Train Up A Child.
As you see, no link there for you to click. Google it if you want,
but know that I read it, and tossed it in the trash.
I have a friend who has one of the most gentle personalities. She is funny, witty, intelligent, loving, passionate, and kind. She's human, I'm pretty sure of that, but I've never seen her raise a voice or hand to her children.
I had to ask one day, how? How do you do this? Don't you get angry? Is there ever a time when they make you crazy?
Her answer was a resounding yes, certainly. (Ah ha, she is human!)
But she was once reminded that her children are a precious thing.
She was reminded by her tearful toddler after a spanking.
"But momma, why did you spank me? I'm a precious thing."
That was the one and only spanking in her home. There is no screaming at the children either. That home is a place of peace, Christ, love, creativity, and good energy.
She never corrected me when I was angry with my children, never shook her head or looked disappointed by my frustration. But quietly witnessed to me when I asked.
And reminded me
Love
Your
Kids
So a reminder to you.
Labels: Christian, discipline, family, homeschooling, kids



7 Comments:
That sounds fun. And them are 3 powerful words!
I love this post! And I love that you thought so much about your answer. Thanks so much for letting me know it was here :-)
Sorry haven't been on I've been out of town since Sat. My brother had a heart a tack. I;ll catch up later
What a wonderful post, Kris. Really... and... wow... what a wonderful friend you have... that's an amazing story and powerful reflection on it. Great 3 words.
This is a wonderful post. Thank you.
Thank you all for your comments! Kitten, I'm glad you are back.
Holly, it is nice to meet you. I'll pop over to your blog!
Ahhh, just what I really needed to read tonight after a particularly tricky day. Thanks.
Post a Comment
<< Home