Saturday, June 23, 2007

Well, this week has been interesting. I was to co-lead music for VBS, which is always grueling, fun, and overwhelming at the same time.
Yet this year my co leader's children became ill. Translation? I lead. I didn't think I was ready for that, and in a way I wasn't. My voice doesn't carry like his, I'm not as into leading as he is. I like to sit in a circle and teach some cool songs. Not stand infront of a mic and entertain.

What I ended up doing was cutting the song time in half and creating a skit by pulling kids up from the crowd. Over four days we did a short skit about the unmerciful servant. On the second day I was shocked and surprised to hear the VBS kids chanting, "Skit skit skit" instead of one of their favorite songs!
Pretty cool.

Once the third hour of VBS had passed, we'd straightened all we could for the day and my children had been fed, I escaped to the couch. Sketch book in hand, I grabbed a cd from the library and decided to recreate it. Dan Zanes will forever be named by my 5yob, "Crazy hair guy" . This is absolutely one of our favorite cds and I highly recommend it to you all.
Sketching it was really fun. The high point had to be Wednesday when the 5yob says, "Momma! You got his hair just right!"
Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dan Zanes rules! (And so do you, you creative & inspired hs mama.)

9:20 AM  
Blogger hsing3kinder said...

awwwwwwww thanks peggy!

1:41 PM  
Blogger kitten said...

I agree 100%, you rock girl! the art is great now come teach me. hehe!
kitten

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home