Our book stack this week

This week the two youngest have been sick, both
coming down with fevers. The youngest is pouring over
Superman grapic comics (for kids!). We first found these in Indy and they are great! They have all his favorites, Justice League, Superman, Avatar...
he's a happy boy, fever and all. He and I are also reading the first HP book. He can nearly recite the movie, so has been shocked and awed
to discover so much of the book was left out!
His sister (fever partner) has been reading every
Buttons family book she can get her hands on.
They are great little early readers that both girls have
really enjoyed. I've caught her after 10 some nights
with a flashlight still reading. Makes a momma proud! Her favorite author is Beatrix Potter, and some of her favorite books are Babar books.
Neither of those are very easy for beginning readers
though she has poured over ever single one that she
gets her hands on.
The oldest is reading book five of Harry Potter
in hopes of being finished in the next 12
days so that she can join her grandmother, father and I
for opening night. I am among many parents who are
thankful to Jo for creating this captivating character.
I do not point to these books as the break through for my dd.
The reading break through for her was actually books on
babysitting and child care. BUT these books and E. Nesbit's many books
did fuel her desire to read. And I'm thankful for that.
My husband has been having a Rex Stout marathon for the past two weeks. I think this is his 4th. The last one he read featured a murderess from our fair city! Rex Stout is from a town about 5 hours north. I wonder if there is a biography out there about him. I'll have to check that out as a possible b-day gift! I've been reading book 6 of the HP series. This is my second time.
Well, I've also been reading book 1 as mentioned above and book 5
sometimes in the afternoons or evenings to help dd#1 get along quicker. Don't think that hasn't been confusing! I am getting ready for book 7.
22 days, 13 hours, 37 minutes........not that I pay attention to those silly counters.
What are you all reading?
The best place to read at our house? Right on the porch, under the fan
and with a tall glass of ice water nearby.

This week the two youngest have been sick, both
coming down with fevers. The youngest is pouring over
Superman grapic comics (for kids!). We first found these in Indy and they are great! They have all his favorites, Justice League, Superman, Avatar...
he's a happy boy, fever and all. He and I are also reading the first HP book. He can nearly recite the movie, so has been shocked and awed
to discover so much of the book was left out!
His sister (fever partner) has been reading every
Buttons family book she can get her hands on.
They are great little early readers that both girls have
really enjoyed. I've caught her after 10 some nights
with a flashlight still reading. Makes a momma proud! Her favorite author is Beatrix Potter, and some of her favorite books are Babar books.
Neither of those are very easy for beginning readers
though she has poured over ever single one that she
gets her hands on.
The oldest is reading book five of Harry Potter
in hopes of being finished in the next 12
days so that she can join her grandmother, father and I
for opening night. I am among many parents who are
thankful to Jo for creating this captivating character.
I do not point to these books as the break through for my dd.
The reading break through for her was actually books on
babysitting and child care. BUT these books and E. Nesbit's many books
did fuel her desire to read. And I'm thankful for that.
My husband has been having a Rex Stout marathon for the past two weeks. I think this is his 4th. The last one he read featured a murderess from our fair city! Rex Stout is from a town about 5 hours north. I wonder if there is a biography out there about him. I'll have to check that out as a possible b-day gift! I've been reading book 6 of the HP series. This is my second time.
Well, I've also been reading book 1 as mentioned above and book 5
sometimes in the afternoons or evenings to help dd#1 get along quicker. Don't think that hasn't been confusing! I am getting ready for book 7.
22 days, 13 hours, 37 minutes........not that I pay attention to those silly counters.
What are you all reading?
The best place to read at our house? Right on the porch, under the fan
and with a tall glass of ice water nearby.




2 Comments:
It's good that they love to read that way they wont be too bored while sick. My oldest has read all the Harry Potter books and loves 'em! Hope your kids feel better soon!
I loved that about reading HP and discovering how much of the book was left out of the movie... a lightbulb moment for a new reader! On this end, the kiddo is re-reading NIMH and Warriors books while awaiting the new HP... I'm reading "How to Become a Famous Writer Before You're Dead" by HipMama zine author Ariel Gore.
Post a Comment
<< Home