Sunday, July 15, 2007

"You can draw me Mommy."


lu 7-14-07
Originally uploaded by hsmom2luge
6yodd plopped on the porch sofa and made the request. I had
a crappy week of drawings, so I wasn't sure I wanted to take on the task.
Anne Lamott says in Bird by Bird, "Now, practically even better news than that of short assignments is the idea of shitty first drafts. All good writers write them. This is how they end up with good second drafts and terrific third drafts."
That is how I've felt this week, all drawings were shitty first drafts. The seconds were not good, nor the third terrific, but remembering her take on first drafts helped me survive the week.
What I like about this, her toes and her eyes looking off at her brother. I don't like the nose, it was really partically hidden by her dress but I was hasty with the pen and made it showing and big.
Ah well.
I took a picture of it to post on the flickr group for creative mom podcast, and I liked all the greens jumping out from the dress, ipod and magazine cover.

5 Comments:

Blogger kitten said...

you did better than me. don't be so hard on your self.

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like this! Went to flicker to see some of your other stuff... and really like the atcs, especially the one of the house across the street, "Windows that Never Open." (and ooo, hsmom2luge wrote "shitty" on her blog... not just once but several times... love that almost as much as the art.)

10:36 AM  
Blogger hsing3kinder said...

Ha! Obviously I haven't gotten riled up enough around you for that to be a suprise.
...glad you like the art too. ;-)

3:56 PM  
Blogger hsing3kinder said...

Kitten,
thank you so much! You're always so encouraging!
~K

3:57 PM  
Blogger ChristineMM said...

I like the drawing! We are our own worst critics. Don't be so hard on yourself! :)

(I noticed the magazine immediately. I am a homeschooling mom too.)

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home