~ My art workspace~
This has grown in the last few months,
as it should. I've graduated to a basketfull
of goodies!
I was working on bookmarks for another swapbot project. I suppose I am a glutten. I thought that after my first atc exchange there I would not return. Several reasons really, one being I couldn't stand sending 9 cards that I'd created out to total strangers. (unlike a swap between friends in the cmp group) But I soon found myself checking to see what swaps were occuring, and finding several that sounded like fun.
For this bookmark I borrowed ideas from my out of hand friend.
Check out the link to see some really awesome art journal pages!
I did the lettering and painted them, then added layers and layers of tissue paper. Then I brushed over all of it with a light green brushpen and over the letters and peace sign with darker green.
I really like the way it all came together with color and texture.
And lastly, one little doodle to share. This is in my new pocket size watercolor Moleskine. This is a little sketch of my boy in trouble, sitting on a step and his sis checking on him. A frequent occurance in our home! (the checking, not the trouble!!) These two are really peas in a pod. They are 14 months apart, but really I think they think they are twins. We just moved bedrooms around so they are now sharing a room (which makes older sister a very happy person!). I pray that they will all be close as they grow up.
This has grown in the last few months,
as it should. I've graduated to a basketfull
of goodies!
I was working on bookmarks for another swapbot project. I suppose I am a glutten. I thought that after my first atc exchange there I would not return. Several reasons really, one being I couldn't stand sending 9 cards that I'd created out to total strangers. (unlike a swap between friends in the cmp group) But I soon found myself checking to see what swaps were occuring, and finding several that sounded like fun.
For this bookmark I borrowed ideas from my out of hand friend.Check out the link to see some really awesome art journal pages!
I did the lettering and painted them, then added layers and layers of tissue paper. Then I brushed over all of it with a light green brushpen and over the letters and peace sign with darker green.
I really like the way it all came together with color and texture.
And lastly, one little doodle to share. This is in my new pocket size watercolor Moleskine. This is a little sketch of my boy in trouble, sitting on a step and his sis checking on him. A frequent occurance in our home! (the checking, not the trouble!!) These two are really peas in a pod. They are 14 months apart, but really I think they think they are twins. We just moved bedrooms around so they are now sharing a room (which makes older sister a very happy person!). I pray that they will all be close as they grow up.



1 Comments:
The bookmark is pretty! And thanks for the plug and nice words.
Now for the big question: how do you pronounce "moleskine"? Is it mo-les-kin? Mo-les-keen? Mole-skeen? The debate rages...
Post a Comment
<< Home