The last several months of posts have consisted of many pictures and few words.
I have gone from sharing my art endeavors, my thoughts & maybe a few
reviews to sort of a scrapbook of our days.
Maybe it started with the six one way sets:
week seventeen(see more about the Dan Zanes concert in the post below.... it was so awesome!!!!!)

I loved the original six one way from Stefani & Erin right from the start.
Such a great documentary of their mothering days, & so doable! So when they announced they were starting a flickr group where we could all share our days, I think I was one of the first to join. I now have a seventeen week journal of some quick shots showing our days. These -for sure- will be printed out to save.
I started blogging sometime in 2005 at another spot, and by July 2006 I was here. I began blogging some thoughts, recording our move away and our move back, some of the kids' personal achievements, our interests like letterboxing..... I guess I was journaling then too. But then as my art interest began to climb I was a bit more brave and shared some of it here. (I'm always thankful for your comments and encouragements as I'm learning & growing)
I have backed off sharing some of my thoughts on homeschooling and parenting & that has bothered me a bit. I know I backed off because I didn't want to catch flack from anyone who didn't agree with me. (which has happened)
I was challenge and instead of trying to support my thoughts I backed down... that's the golden retriever in me trying to please everyone. The truth is, as we all know, that not everyone schools or parents the same way. Why should I stop sharing my opinions when I could be encouraging others? Even if you don't agree, someone else might. I know my kids. I know their interests, their weaknesses, their faith, their trust and my sole desire is to build them up.
I'll be sharing more in posts to come.
I have gone from sharing my art endeavors, my thoughts & maybe a few
reviews to sort of a scrapbook of our days.
Maybe it started with the six one way sets:
week seventeen(see more about the Dan Zanes concert in the post below.... it was so awesome!!!!!)

I loved the original six one way from Stefani & Erin right from the start.
Such a great documentary of their mothering days, & so doable! So when they announced they were starting a flickr group where we could all share our days, I think I was one of the first to join. I now have a seventeen week journal of some quick shots showing our days. These -for sure- will be printed out to save.
I started blogging sometime in 2005 at another spot, and by July 2006 I was here. I began blogging some thoughts, recording our move away and our move back, some of the kids' personal achievements, our interests like letterboxing..... I guess I was journaling then too. But then as my art interest began to climb I was a bit more brave and shared some of it here. (I'm always thankful for your comments and encouragements as I'm learning & growing)
I have backed off sharing some of my thoughts on homeschooling and parenting & that has bothered me a bit. I know I backed off because I didn't want to catch flack from anyone who didn't agree with me. (which has happened)
I was challenge and instead of trying to support my thoughts I backed down... that's the golden retriever in me trying to please everyone. The truth is, as we all know, that not everyone schools or parents the same way. Why should I stop sharing my opinions when I could be encouraging others? Even if you don't agree, someone else might. I know my kids. I know their interests, their weaknesses, their faith, their trust and my sole desire is to build them up.
I'll be sharing more in posts to come.


2 Comments:
Lots of people can't handle the notion that there is more than one right way to do anything, and they go all critical on you for following your own heart. Bless their limited, cramped perspective, and send them on their way. Don't let them chase you from your own blog! I love your photos and also want to hear MORE MORE MORE about your (very heartful!) hs life.
Dan Zanes! How fun.
One thing I hate about the internet (among th things I love) if people feel free to behave in ways they would never behave in person.
Love ps pirro's comment.
And, I'm late this week with my sixoneway. Blush.
Post a Comment
<< Home