Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Our Local Ben Franklin Crafts is going out of business.... sigh.
I believe it has been open for over 30 years.

















But with
store closings come great discounts, and that encourages us to delve into ideas we've thought of, but not acted on.
The oldest bought a huge bag of fabric scraps and has been making pillows... she plans some shorts for her brother and kerchiefs for her sister and a friend's baby.
I picked up some embroidery items & fabric paint after being inspired by The Creative Family. You can also check out this flickr pool for some embroidery inspiration!
Amanda talks about freezer paper stencils in the book and they seems so easy, but so cute! Here's a link from her blog which shows several adorable tee-shirts and a tote.
I also picked up several small packets of felt for some needle & wet felting. The oldest and I have done some felting before, but it has been (what seems like) ages ago.
We made Easter eggs & bunnies one year & play fruit for the younger ones. Then my felting supplies got damaged and for some reason I never replenished my stock.
Check out this flickr pool for loads of felting ideas. There are some really amazing & inspiring pieces.
The kids and I have a clear schedule today ~which is always a blessing ~ so we plan to spend lots of time crafting & reading aloud. We're reading The Swiss Family Robinson right now and everyone is excited about it.
So, time to step away from the computer & delve into all our goodies!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home