Tuesday, July 08, 2008

365:5


365:5
Originally uploaded by hsmom2luge
Flickr has a group called "Project 365", the goal being one photo a day for an entire year. I thought my birthday was a good day to start such a project!
This photo is from day 5, showing the book stack on my bedside table. Artist's Palette magazine is under The Unschooled Mind, and then a blank composition book. I have expectations for that composition book to be filled with stories someday.
The Nature Reader is there because of the cool illustrations I thought I would recreate in my own sketchbook and I thought my 7yo would like to read through it.
The Tao of Pooh is pretty much a standard bedside book for the last year. A friend and I bought twin copies one Saturday morning when we meet for coffee. Before that it was often there as a library book.
I picked up girl meets GOD several months ago and have only read a bit of it. It is patiently waiting for attention. Here's a bit of one teaser:
"Raised by a lapsed Baptist mother and secular Jewish father, Winner feels a drive toward God as powerful as her drives toward books and boys. "
I started reading Swallowing the Golden Stone to my son one night, and after he fell asleep I took it with me to read on. Interesting mythical tales amist Wangerin's thoughts about writing and publishing as well as other short essays. I picked up Miz Lil at a garage sale for a dollar.
I Love Dirt is one that I initially passed by, thinking my kids were too old for the activities. Not true.. they do still love dirt. How could I forget that?
I've been on a Sark binge lately. I just finished Transformation Soup: Healing for the Splendidly Imperfect and started Make Your Creative Dream Real last night.
Strange Dreams:Collected Stories & Drawings by Brian Andreas was given to me not long ago. And was quoted by Sark in Transformation Soup.... love it when that happens.
other randomness.... WALL-E watch left there by one of the kids for me to set the time.. it wasn't easy.
Purple drawing pen and watercolor pen at the ready..
what's on your bedside table? in your stack of books? I'm willing to be you can inspire others by sharing!

1 Comments:

Blogger ps pirro said...

I promise to share my bookstack on my blog at some point... just wanted to confirm that setting the time on the WALL-e watch is indeed a challenge. I had to get big Jon to do it for me.

Enjoy your summer reading. xox, ps

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home