Joy Jar
Somehow I missed the "joy jar" the first time I read through The Creative Family, but saw it today and knew we had to start on one right away. My dear grandmother, 90, was diagnoised with colon cancer this week... this is a perfect gift for her today.
I began with a salsa jar and foil. I choose foil because my other grandmother used to wrap jars in foil and fill them with cookies for us for Christmas. Always, always made me smile!

the beginnings of my joyful notes...

it didn't take long for the kids to come and see what I was doing.. they immediately joined me in making their own joyful notes. My favorites were Grace's that said, "See you Wednesday!" (they have spent every Wed. together for the last 12 years)
and Parker's "Be Happy" note that was covered in smiley faces.
I know this Joy Jar is the right thing for her right now, but the kids and I plan to make many more for friends and family ~ just because!
I began with a salsa jar and foil. I choose foil because my other grandmother used to wrap jars in foil and fill them with cookies for us for Christmas. Always, always made me smile!

the beginnings of my joyful notes...

it didn't take long for the kids to come and see what I was doing.. they immediately joined me in making their own joyful notes. My favorites were Grace's that said, "See you Wednesday!" (they have spent every Wed. together for the last 12 years)
and Parker's "Be Happy" note that was covered in smiley faces.
I know this Joy Jar is the right thing for her right now, but the kids and I plan to make many more for friends and family ~ just because!



2 Comments:
LOVE it! And so will GG! So fun to see pictures of the kids at work. :-)
Sorry to hear about your grandmother, but I love the idea of a joy jar. I'll have to read through Creative Family again. There's so many wonderful ideas in it.
I haven't read through your other comments on the shopping post (I'm in the airport), probably someone suggested this, but I find people are often receptive to experiential gifts, either something for them to do with your children (painting pottery, hiking, whatever) or a pass to a museum or the like.
Post a Comment
<< Home