Wednesday, July 16, 2008




An interview with Grace, age 12
*Editied to add links...she found a couple of movie clips :-)

Me: So my blog needs some excitement.
Grace: It does? What's wrong with it? Are you going to interview Lucy and Parker?
Me: I've seen a few other blogs where moms or dads interview their kids and I thought that was cool. And yes, I'll probably interview them at some point.
Grace: But wait! That's not a question!
Me: I'm getting there!
okay ~ interview begins:
Me: What is your favorite movie?
Grace: I like the original Parent Trap, it's one of my favorites.
And I like the Zoom movie. (Zoom: Academy for Superheroes). Here's a clip!
Me Are there any movies or DVDs you would recommend to other families?
Grace: Of what age group?
Me: Well, how about your age?
Grace: Dirty Jobs collections, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Avatar, The Goonies,and Akeelah and the Bee.
Me: Good suggestions. We all love Dirty Jobs.
Where do you think Mike Rowe should go for another dirty job?
Grace: He could work at a newspaper, or I know..
he could be a grape stomper!
Me: like Lucy and Ethel?
Grace: yes!
Me:What are you reading right now?
Grace: Amazing Flight of Darius Frobisher by Bill Harley. I haven't finished it yet, but it is pretty good.
Me: What's it about?
Grace: His father disappears, so he goes to live with his aunt, (who is mean, but not evil). She really doesn't like kids, she is one of those people who always thinks she has problems, the world is a horrible place, people are horrible.
Me: Does she think Darius is horrible?
G: She calls him, "Mr. Snooty Pants".
M: that's pretty weird! Any book recommendations?
G: For my age group?
M: No for families, maybe for read aloud?
G: Audio books count.(okay) Nancy and Plum, The Chronicles of Narnia, The Rats of Nimh and Lemonade River (wrote by a friend, not published yet-- our fingers are crossed!!!).
M: What are you looking forward to?
G: Possibly getting a service dog for a year.
M: How about explaining that?
G: Certain programs you can sign up to raise a puppy for a year. To socialize it and teach it basic commands.
M: Then what happens?
G: They will go into more advanced training to be a seeing eye dog, or help stroke victims or a service dog.
M: Don't you think it will be hard to give up the dog?
G: No, because it will be going to someone who will take care of it. Not to a shelter or something.
M: Thank you for the interview.
G: Your welcome. (flips the t.v. back on... she's watching the Partridge Family on dvd)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous pictures. I love the lighting.

James was given the Chronicles of Narnia for his birthday. We've just started them and he loves it. And I have the Rats of Nimh waiting. I guess I'll have to be watching for your other suggestion :-).

8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home