Saturday, October 04, 2008


click for larger image
Originally uploaded by hsmom2luge
I know it has been quite some time since I have posted some of my own artwork. There are a couple of reasons for that. One is the artist to artist group is so amazing, I could just post their work and be happy! I love those kids.
The second reason is that their hasn't been much art from me in the last few months. I've done maybe 6 ATCs, all for swaps, so they were out the door before a photo was snapped.
This one is called "Pattern" and it is for the creative mom podcast exchange. I had a hard time with the theme. I could only thing of simple ideas at first, as in patterns of color. The second idea I had was patterns of daily life, which started to get a bit bothersome. Cook, clean, listen, eat, cook, drive, wait, clean, talk, eat, clean, learn, teach, clean, cook, clean, eat, sleep.... too many cooks and cleans in that list. (My kids are hungry ALL THE TIME!!)
Ah... but rooted in that pattern are things of beauty, walks at sunrise with a friend, trees to climb, leaves to gather, books to read, snuggling to be had...
thus my submission for "Pattern".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home