A year ago we had moved into a new home, in a new city, away from family and friends~ we were on an adventure.And then it didn't take us long to fill this house, so that it became ours.
A place of learning
A place to hang with your friends
A place to be yourselves.
We can walk to church, or grandmas, or the park, or the pizza parlor. There is something in that.
Today we walked to the park, in the rain. The little kids had their raincoats on and carried pink umbrellas, the oldest walked ahead with her daddy, and I meandered behind. Noticing old ladies smile at us as we walked, and being thankful that on this rainy Monday we were out while the children in the school we passed wouldn't step outside again until after 3:00.
Our home is a place that I seem to have settled. There is a song by Jessica Harper, "I like where I am", that really embodies our family's experience over the last year. Give her a listen, I think you'll enjoy it.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home