Yesterday, as I was hanging prepped tissue paper for our artist to artist group, Jonathan commented, "Looks like you're hanging Tibetan Prayer Flags!" I loved that and so, for the rest of the papers, I did ask a blessing on each of the kids in our group. It reminded me of praying in color
here are some photos from yesterday's group:

Our artist was Tomie dePaola (a personal favorite) and we drew someone we admire, Tomie-style. Around the person are things that represent them. One of the girls drew me ~ so sweet, I love her too!
This is a set of Grace's, mine and Parker's

You can click through for a larger picture. Grace's is GG, I drew my sister in law who is a scientist, and Parker drew Lucy (more sweetness!).
One of the pictures I like the most was this one ~
the top picture is by our 5 year old friend, who drew herself! It's a good thing to admire yourself & be so confident.
The bottom picture is her sister's drawing of her grandfather.
I'm trying to shy away from formally calling this a "class" as I think we have settled into just the right group of friends. I like prepping everything and reading aloud to them, but it is up to them to explore their own art and learn from the artist each week.
I'll just keep prepping those prayer flags & enjoy full busy tables of laughing kids!

here are some photos from yesterday's group:

Our artist was Tomie dePaola (a personal favorite) and we drew someone we admire, Tomie-style. Around the person are things that represent them. One of the girls drew me ~ so sweet, I love her too!
This is a set of Grace's, mine and Parker's

You can click through for a larger picture. Grace's is GG, I drew my sister in law who is a scientist, and Parker drew Lucy (more sweetness!).
One of the pictures I like the most was this one ~
the top picture is by our 5 year old friend, who drew herself! It's a good thing to admire yourself & be so confident.The bottom picture is her sister's drawing of her grandfather.
I'm trying to shy away from formally calling this a "class" as I think we have settled into just the right group of friends. I like prepping everything and reading aloud to them, but it is up to them to explore their own art and learn from the artist each week.
I'll just keep prepping those prayer flags & enjoy full busy tables of laughing kids!




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home