Thursday, August 14, 2008

are you back to school?


choosing
Originally uploaded by hsmom2luge

No, I mean yes, well... my daughter answered a question like that today with a shrug. We simply don't have a back to school date, day or moment. Our family lives our learning.
These are photos from Wednesday, which was a pretty typical day ~
8:00 ~Grace went to my grandmother's and spent the morning there. They make breakfast, read together (currently Eight Cousins by Louisa May Alcott) and watch T.V.
While she was gone the three of us had breakfast, played around on the computer, cleaned up a bit, read aloud, practiced instruments, and I showed them the Ed Emberley book I'd picked up at the library book sale.
always learning
Lucy is already a reader, but Parker's not quite there yet. Ed Emberley helped him learn letters, spelling and reading while drawing pirates, evil villians and super persons! Doesn't get better than that.
We picked Grace up at noon and stopped by the local toy store to find some new coloring books (Grace likes these by Dover Publishing). After quick lunch and stop by the library to return a stack of stuff, we were back home so Grace could get a bit of practice in before her lesson at 3:00 that day.

While she had her lesson Lu, Park and I sat at a little neighborhood park and they played Wizards, Giants and Dwarfs (such fun) while I doodled a bit in my journal. Once we got back home (after dropping G off at a friend's house) we had a quick dinner, then P went off with Jonathan to help stain wood floors at my mother-in-law's house and I took Lucy to Awana. A friend brought her home at 8, when P & J were back home. I meet Grace at church and she babysat while I had band practice at 7 and we were home by 9.
A full day of learning...

2 Comments:

Blogger Emily Volkman said...

Impressive!!!Grace can rock a chelo--- I still can't spell it. When is she going to make Rc a lulaby cd????:)

9:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We used to play Wizards, Giants, and Dwarves when I was a kid. I don't even remember how now. It ended when my sister flipped over the fence, get caught by her pinky, and no one could run to get my mom because we were all laughing so hard. I remember that.

It sounds like a good day. But busy :-).

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home