Thursday, September 11, 2008


first swimming lesson
Originally uploaded by hsmom2luge


Tuesday morning my little guy was a bundle of nerves. He wouldn't eat breakfast and would hardly talk to any of us. I first thought maybe this wasn't worth it, I'd never seen him so nervous before!
But, the kid can swim underwater forever, and once he watched Michael Phelps, he wanted the whole deal. He wanted to know the strokes, to see how fast he could swim, to go to the Olympics.
So here he is, waiting anxiously for the lessons to begin.
First they put a belt on him with three floaties to keep him up. He'd have non of that thank-you-very-much. He wouldn't tell the teacher, just kept saying, "Mom, mom, mom, mom, MOM"
and, "Tell Them - Tell Them - Tell THEM".
So I finally did tell them he could swim, and he was released from his bonds. Then he proceeded to swim the entire length of the pool --twice. (big glowing Yippee!!)
He's an adorable shot of Reese keeping an eye on "Par-Par"
watching Par-Par

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home