Friday, August 22, 2008


~ The Pooh Way ~

Things just happen in the right way, at the right time. At least they do when you let them, when you work with circumstances instead of saying, "This isn't supposed to be happening this way," and trying hard to make it happen some other way. If you're in tune with The Way Things Work, then they work the way they need to, no matter what you may think about it at the time. Later on, you can look back and say , "Oh, now I understand. That had to happen so that those could happen, and those had to happen in order for this to happen..." Then you realize that even if you'd tried to make it all turn out perfectly, you couldn't have done better, and if you'd really tried, you would have made a mess of the whole thing. ~ p. 80, The Tao of Pooh

all that to say, folks ~ it is faith, it is trust.

My little girl, above, is finding her way this year. Finding her way in her faith, taking ownership of her faith walk.
I'm learning to be in tune with the way things work and look forward to the day that I look back and see all the connections I am struggling with now.
We had talked about many options for confirmation, but she wanted to go the traditional route. And after a few days of my being a bit cranky about the commitment, the demands, and the "traditionalness" of it all, I told her I'd stop being cranky and start supporting her on the beginning her confirmation journey. She just came home aglow from the first night of a confirmation retreat this weekend, telling me all about their activities, training and this evening's devotion. She also mentioned a girl who was being picked on and said, "I think I'll talk to Clay (a distant cousin and fellow confirman) tomorrow and see if he'll get his peeps to back off of her."
Yep, she's finding her way.

1 Comments:

Blogger PrincessAnne said...

Her creative board has found it's way in the artisy area of our home, thank you for bringing brightness to our abode.

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home