~10 things I'm loving right now ~
1) The history we made Tuesday!
Oh and read this great blog post about the Obama Election Night Rally in Grant Park!

2) a reminder to go slow...
3) recipes that include pumpkin
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips
-cream butter and sugar, add pumpkin, egg, vanilla and mix
-whisk together dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture
-mix in chocolate chips
-bake on greased cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned, at 350 degrees
4) finding pictures, taken by the kids, on my camera

5) great original costume ideas & storing them away for next year
6)listening to the rain
7)roadtrips with the family
8)hanging with friends
9)Carbon Leaf
10)Autumn
1) The history we made Tuesday!
Oh and read this great blog post about the Obama Election Night Rally in Grant Park!

2) a reminder to go slow...
3) recipes that include pumpkin
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 t. vanilla
2 1/2 cups flour
1 t. baking powder
1 t. baking soda
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips
-cream butter and sugar, add pumpkin, egg, vanilla and mix
-whisk together dry ingredients and add to pumpkin mixture
-mix in chocolate chips
-bake on greased cookie sheet for 15-20 minutes, or until lightly browned, at 350 degrees
4) finding pictures, taken by the kids, on my camera

5) great original costume ideas & storing them away for next year
6)listening to the rain
7)roadtrips with the family
8)hanging with friends
9)Carbon Leaf
10)Autumn


3 Comments:
What a fun post today, Kris! I love your ten things! Especially anything with pumpkin in it! :)
And thanks for putting in #2, especially since I had some enforced slowness when I went to mail your package today--there was a power outage at the post office!! I will have to mail it in the morning. Oh well!
Blessings, K
I am completely loving fall, although we don't exactly get it the way the rest of the country does. Just under 80 every day is a relief :-).
One of the kids in our park group came as that mushroom/gnome costume, but he was all in one. His head had the mushroom, then his face was a gnome, his stomach had legs sticking out, then mushroom stem to the bottom. It was the cutest cotume ever.
Kristin,
I've always been so impressed with your blog. It is just beautiful to look at...lots of art and creativity and a gorgeous, happy family. Its so inspiring!
I'm so glad we're friends now - sorry for the delay on my part. :) I am feeling so grateful to have found you...even if it is at the 11th hour!
Post a Comment
<< Home