Number 7 from my list of 10 things I'm loving right now, was road trips with family. (Oh, and yes, the tree hugger picture isn't from our trip, but I love that photo and it works with this set :-)
The trip was great, tons of laughing, a Nana nearly spewing soda out her nose (much to the kids delight), lots of scrabble, lots of food

and as always, some frustrating times. Ah family.
But mostly joy & even in the frustrating times life lessons about sticking up for yourself. (and knowing that mom will be there for ya too)
And now ~ some changes around here.

It's been nearly five months since this blog went private. Five months of journaling our days, being more blunt about my faith and our unschooling life as it unfolded around me. In those five months, I've learned to share more, worry less.
Now with the Jamaica art project wrapping up, a new etsy project is starting and I need to take this blog in a new direction. More projects, still loads of sharing, still much less worry, but I have to be out there for folks to see my goods and desire to visit my shop.
And for some fun ~ a giveaway!
I need a name for said Etsy shop ~ please leave a suggestion in the comments & you'll be registered to win a custom-designed, by me, moleskine!
The trip was great, tons of laughing, a Nana nearly spewing soda out her nose (much to the kids delight), lots of scrabble, lots of food

and as always, some frustrating times. Ah family.
But mostly joy & even in the frustrating times life lessons about sticking up for yourself. (and knowing that mom will be there for ya too)
And now ~ some changes around here.

It's been nearly five months since this blog went private. Five months of journaling our days, being more blunt about my faith and our unschooling life as it unfolded around me. In those five months, I've learned to share more, worry less.
Now with the Jamaica art project wrapping up, a new etsy project is starting and I need to take this blog in a new direction. More projects, still loads of sharing, still much less worry, but I have to be out there for folks to see my goods and desire to visit my shop.
And for some fun ~ a giveaway!
I need a name for said Etsy shop ~ please leave a suggestion in the comments & you'll be registered to win a custom-designed, by me, moleskine!



10 Comments:
I love that tree-hugger picture, too, Kris!! :)
Let's see, a name for your Etsy Shop . . .
Hmmmmm,
but, ummm, I'm not sure what you're going to be selling, so if you can let us know that, I might come up with something more appropriate and original than: Kristen's Korner Shoppe
ah, good point!~
I expect to sell collaged moleskines, aceo (Art card, editions and originals), bookmarks etc..
Hmmmm, try:
The Artful Momma. or
Indiana Arts
Indiana ArtsMom
Artsy Indiana Mom
Indiana Artsy Mom
Kristen's Quaint Corner Art Shop (alright, I know you're not really the quaint type! :) Just looking for alliteration . . .
I'm really not very good at coming up with names like this, but I'm always willing to try! :)
Well now, that was rather unexpected. Not the "leave a comment and win" kind of contest. Fine then.
How about "Tumnus' Shoppe"? Simply because you mentioned once that you named Lucy partly from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. And well, you know, "poor Mr, Tumnus." And, if it's going to be Tumnus, shoppe must have an e.
Hope someone can do you better.
Etsy name: Pocketful of Whimsy
or Whimsy Pocket
I think I'm obsessed with the sound of the word pocket...from listening to Liam Nielson reading The Polar Express too many times;-)
Glad you sent your email, as I rarely go looking beyond Google Reader, and since the password, it no longer shows your updates. Thanks for the head's up!
The Artkris Shoppe
One-K Designs
Kris Kreates Here
Kreated by Kris
Just crazy ideas, I know...lol.
I'm still thinking about the shop name... but way to go on taking that next step! Wanted to say how much I love the photos... the four-plex AND the one of the line of bowls.
I'm still thinking too...How long do I have??? You know I'm bad at this,, since you named the shop and all. It probably still would not have a name!!:)
The Story Forest
Once Upon a Forest
Walking Together
Diamond in the Rough
That last one just made me smile, the others seemed more tied into the person I've come to know. Just throwing them out there.
oooo, is it too late to offer some ideas?
I love Poppins' suggestions!
Here are a couple more:
Once upon a Ukulele
Spring Street Art
Kris Makes Art
Three and Me
I'm excited for you and your shop! xox, p
Post a Comment
<< Home