Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Rejoice


Rejoice
Originally uploaded by hsmom2luge
This mixed media piece began with all the little watercolor squares and rectangles. Next I glued them down to the paper (handmade and aquirred from some swap-bot swap) and attached that to the felt.
That sat for days, really weeks as I wasn't sure where to go with it next. I knew I wanted it to be a hanging piece, but just not sure.
One morning I was struck with the thought, "What would Peggy do?"
I love her textured pieces like this. So a little browsing around her blog and inspiration struck... I needed texture, I needed gesso, I needed some color burst.. and so the piece began to take shape.
I finished it the night before the art for Jamaica show and nervously set it out that day. People stopped, one lady tried to peel the felt away from the canvas ("Oh!" I gasped, "It doesn't come apart!"), another person inquired the price... and soon my mom arrived at the sale and snatched it up.....just as a good momma should.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home