This week Kids Craft Weekly
is about Advent ideas. Now, we have multiple advent calendars, including Playmobil (I believe we have three) and Littlest Pet Shop --- and we have had chocolate advent calendars from Trader Joe's (which I just googled and found you can get on ebay.. oh my.). We've had advent wreaths and probably my favorite, an advent candle that burned down every night during devotions. It was something like this.
But I love the simple idea of Advent activities in an envelope.
I've just taken plan white mailing envelopes, stamped the daily numbers on it and added a star in colored pencil. I'll put them in a small basket on the kitchen table, and each day we'll open one. Here are some of the ideas from Kids Craft Weekly with a few of my own tossed in ~
1. Paint everyone’s toenails
2. Have hot chocolate with all the fixings
3. Make paper snowflakes
4. Give everyone crazy hairstyles
5. Go to the bookstore
6. Lucy chooses the dinner meal
7. Have an indoor picnic
8. Write letters to Baby Jesus
9. Make a Christmas book together
10. Have breakfast for dinner
11. Make decorations for the tree
12. Have bedtime stories around the Christmas tree
13. Grace chooses a treat for everyone
14. Fancy dress for dinner time
15. Wrap a toy and take it to a charity Christmas tree
16. Make handmade gift tags for relatives
17. Go out for egg rolls and crab rangoon
18. Parker chooses the dinner meal
19. Dance like crazy to music
20. Watch a Christmas movie with popcorn
21. Go out for ice cream
22. Take Grandparents out to see the Christmas lights
23. Pray for other families and make them postcards to let them know
24. Make brownies
is about Advent ideas. Now, we have multiple advent calendars, including Playmobil (I believe we have three) and Littlest Pet Shop --- and we have had chocolate advent calendars from Trader Joe's (which I just googled and found you can get on ebay.. oh my.). We've had advent wreaths and probably my favorite, an advent candle that burned down every night during devotions. It was something like this.
But I love the simple idea of Advent activities in an envelope.
I've just taken plan white mailing envelopes, stamped the daily numbers on it and added a star in colored pencil. I'll put them in a small basket on the kitchen table, and each day we'll open one. Here are some of the ideas from Kids Craft Weekly with a few of my own tossed in ~
1. Paint everyone’s toenails
2. Have hot chocolate with all the fixings
3. Make paper snowflakes
4. Give everyone crazy hairstyles
5. Go to the bookstore
6. Lucy chooses the dinner meal
7. Have an indoor picnic
8. Write letters to Baby Jesus
9. Make a Christmas book together
10. Have breakfast for dinner
11. Make decorations for the tree
12. Have bedtime stories around the Christmas tree
13. Grace chooses a treat for everyone
14. Fancy dress for dinner time
15. Wrap a toy and take it to a charity Christmas tree
16. Make handmade gift tags for relatives
17. Go out for egg rolls and crab rangoon
18. Parker chooses the dinner meal
19. Dance like crazy to music
20. Watch a Christmas movie with popcorn
21. Go out for ice cream
22. Take Grandparents out to see the Christmas lights
23. Pray for other families and make them postcards to let them know
24. Make brownies


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home