St Nicholas
by James C. Christensen
One of my first few blog posts was about St Nicholas day ~ and here I am, two years later sharing with you again.
Tonight we read a beautiful story, The Baker's Dozen. Then after everyone was in bed Jonathan and I filled their shoes with chocolate coins, books and gifts. Everyone got a vintage Whitman "Big Little Book". Grace - Dick Tracy, Lucy - Tom and Jerry, and Parker - Batman! I think they will love them.
I had a big little book when I was growing up, "Mickey Mouse - Adventure in Outer Space", and I loved it!
I expect they will all pile on our bed tomorrow morning (there has been a plea from us of not-before-seven-please!), pour over their gifts, enjoy some chocolate and then we'll move on to waffles and makeSt Nicholas Cookies.
I so enjoy this new tradition for our family. It is nice to have something that is just ours!
One of my first few blog posts was about St Nicholas day ~ and here I am, two years later sharing with you again.
Tonight we read a beautiful story, The Baker's Dozen. Then after everyone was in bed Jonathan and I filled their shoes with chocolate coins, books and gifts. Everyone got a vintage Whitman "Big Little Book". Grace - Dick Tracy, Lucy - Tom and Jerry, and Parker - Batman! I think they will love them.
I had a big little book when I was growing up, "Mickey Mouse - Adventure in Outer Space", and I loved it!
I expect they will all pile on our bed tomorrow morning (there has been a plea from us of not-before-seven-please!), pour over their gifts, enjoy some chocolate and then we'll move on to waffles and makeSt Nicholas Cookies.
I so enjoy this new tradition for our family. It is nice to have something that is just ours!



2 Comments:
Have fun! Where do you find all those vintage books?
Thanks Holly ~ we had a really nice day! These books were a real score ~ found in a small town about 2 hours north of my hometown. I found them in a thrift store and there were TONS (why did I only buy three?!?!!)! And I was mistaken, Grace didn't get Dick Tracy, she got Grimm's Ghost Stories.
Post a Comment
<< Home