Monday, November 26, 2007

Random


A shot of five random things on our ever full fridge door. Some leaves that we just couldn't leave in the drive way, fossils found by the girls at geofest last year, our golden "Molly" , frecklednest.com magnet (do check out Leigh-Ann's goodies!), a stick person made by dd #2 last year, and a picture of her when she was almost 3.
Stefani has tagged me to share five random things about me.

1. I have a thing with rhythm.
I hear beats in everything, even walking down steps, it's like a time signature to life.
I can tell that helps in teaching music lessons and in my own guitar playing especially. I can help almost anyone with any instrument, understand rhythm, even if I can't play that instrument.
I think my oldest has a thing with rhythm too. She's shared with me when she figures out the time signature to any song we happen to hear. I've never told her about my rhythm thing.

2. I was a hairstylist for 10 years, and while I still do a few haircuts and colors a month, I do not miss working in a salon. Truly drama central.
The best thing that happened to me while I was still working, was meeting Emily in '96. By '98, we had our own placed called "Circle of Friends" and it rocked. I came home to be with my kids in '00, but those two years were the best two of my career.
We are now both godmothers to our daughters. I'm very thankful for her!


3.I spent most of my school years afraid other kids and of what they thought about me. That would surprise my folks, I think. But it is true.
I would say it was so true that it ruined any chance of my going to college right out of high school.
I finally went back to college when I was 24, but had the oldest at 25...so that elusive degree still hangs outside of my reach. Sometimes that springs a small amount of regret. But it's small.

4. I once wore bright green contacts. (I have light blue eyes)
Why did I think that was cool?


5. We have an abundance of animals ( or as my little guys say, "Aminals") right now. Molly the golden (7yrs old), Cooky Noel the calico cat (4 yrs old), Daddy (formally known as squeakers) the degu (2 yrs old), Chirppy the parakeet (possibly a year old) and two brand new to us as of yesterday, goldfish. Annie and Tom. I have no idea how old they are.
~And we went to the humane society this past Friday. They are full to the seams with dogs and cats, so we thought ( the oldest and I) that we should visit ....... we met Betty Lou. Oh what a wonderful dog. She loved us, we loved her, we called in the troops, (well, just the husband, dog and little kids) and she loved the kids. But then we brought Molly in the room, and poor BL cowered behind the adoption aide. She was so afraid of our sweet golden. We hemmed and hawed thinking that surely she would come around and see that Molly was nothing to be afraid of, but no. She would barely look at us. We'd severely disappointed her.
We choose to leave BL, knowing that she is loved by the volunteers there and that they will find her a good home. Sure, she may have come around eventually, but she also may have hid under a bed forever.
We plan to visit again soon, because you know 7 pets just isn't enough.

If you just can't stand it and you want more randomness... I can direct you to
~my 100 things list~

Added bonus ~ this is post number 97. Let's have a give-a-way! (It's the thing to do, didn't you know?) If you leave a comment between now and post number 100 listing your random five, or directing me to your own list of 5 at your blog, I will put your name a hat for a drawing to be done by the kids. I'll send you a goody box of crafty items, tea and treats! Come on ~ I want to see how many readers I really have!

7 Comments:

Blogger K said...

I'll play! My random five:

I just put a deer antler on my front door for a handle instead of a turning knob.

My two all time favorite guitarists: Michael Hedges and Stevie Ray Vaughn.

I have two gold teeth.

I have never run one single mile in my whole life.

I was at the epicenter of the 89 quake in California.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Hathersage said...

My random Five,

1. I'm an sudiobook nut
2. My birthday sometimes falls on Mother's Day.
3. Growing up, my favorite time of day was 11:11.
4. I met my husband on the internet
5. I do not have a TV.

Heather

8:29 PM  
Blogger ps pirro said...

Okay, I'll play, too.

1. I was once a top-40 radio d.j.
2. I used to horseback-ride in the hills above Attica Prison in New York State
3. The first record album I owned was Bobby Sherman
4. I'm a Star Trek Next Gen/DS9 fan
5. I know all the words to American PIE.

10:12 AM  
Blogger Emily Volkman said...

I'll play too.I LOVE give aways!!


1. I'm getting married in 18 days.
I will no longer have my last name and it freaks me out a bit. I've had this name for 32 years, I've grown to like it.

2. I miss having a dog.

3. I have never had a cavity.

4. I have to laugh when I think about my 20's. What was I thinking???
Now I have these holes in my body and a tattoo I would love to get covered up.

5 motherhood is harder than I thought. but better than I thought too.

9:32 PM  
Blogger K said...

Kris, who are your favorite guitarists? Do you know of Michael Hedges?

7:57 AM  
Blogger kitten said...

Can I play? or is it too late? What the heck!
1. I love music and have rhythm, but can't sing or play an instrument. Maybe that's why I like drama.
2. I love to write. Always have. To me it's the best way to express myself.
3. My favorite subject to teach my kids is English, but it has always been my hardest subject.
4. I can never stay still, if I do I think I will explode! I talk with my hands.
5. I dropped out of college to home school my 3 kids. I had only 5 more subjects to go. I was taking the 2 year business coarse and had just decided to change my degree to being a teacher. Who would of thought it. I didn't even have to go to college to be a teacher. LOL!
5.

10:06 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

O.k., I'm going to try to take my random 5 from the others. Let's see how I do.

1. From you: I once wore snake eye's contacts. It was for Halloween. I worked for an optometrist, so I got them free (they were outrageously expensive). I was Medusa.

2. From Katherine, I was at the epicenter of the much lesser known, 1990 CA earthquake.

3. From ps pirro, I used to ride horseback past Brooklyn Prison. I don't know if that was really the name of it, because I was just a kid. It was in Brooklyn, CT. It was a prison, that's what we called it. No hills.

4. From vlkmnfam, I have never had a cavity.

o.k., and I give, I have to do one of my own.

5. The vast majority of the rooms in my house are cream colored and I hate it.

11:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home