Thursday, December 20, 2007



~ Some Christmas arts and crafts, and a promised book stack ~







Some St. Nick sketches..

















loved this one so much, he just had to be a stamp. And this stamp, not to send and not to put in a letterbox~ honestly, I think this is the first one I have kept just for me! The others are all on tracing paper and filed in my stamp drawer...so there is possibility to recreate those.

the girls and I made these paper trees today. Poppins shares her's here.


And this wreath inspired by Petunia's Christmas, the book info and activity available here .


and our book stack.
A few are old favorites, like This Way to Christmas ~ about a little boy who learns about Christmas in other lands...
and Christmas Stories by Lois Lenski (love love love her drawings) ~ a treasury of Christmas filled with short stories and poems.
Some new to us, like When Santa Fell to Earth by Cornelia Funke. I thought it sounded pretty good, but so far the oldest is less than impressed. Turns out, even though we don't do Santa (you know, we're big St Nick people)...she's a purist. Swearing elves and funny angels aren't cutting it for her. But every time an elf swears, "Smelly Goblin Farts!" the little ones crack up! We're only 1/4 through.. I'll let you know the outcome.

2 Comments:

Blogger Holly said...

I love the stamp. It's wonderful. My favorite Christmas book is by Tolkein in the form of letter to his children, "Letters from Father Christmas" and each page is an envelope with a letter inside.

11:01 AM  
Blogger kitten said...

Beautiful art work!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home