Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Third Week of Advent

A new friend~

The local humane society has taken in nearly 200 surrenders since November 20th. Any pet lover should be moved by that amount, and thus I was.
We had been thinking about getting another dog for a while, as our golden really has an attitude problem. Her problem is that she thinks she is 20 years old instead of seven!

As you can see, she is already changing her tune!
Molly is our golden and Hope is our new pup. Nine months old, a lab-hound mix. She is sweet as can be, and fits VHS' description of her as a "couch potato".
She is also crate trained, which is fabulous! But, she is really at a loss when it comes to walking on a leash. That will take some training. So we've gotten a bit of an early family gift ~ Hope
We've also been busy baking! Yesterday we made these pretzel snacks.
They are so great because the kids can do most of the work, and my kids always want to help bake.
The oldest made delicious buttery spritz cookies. They are so good.
She made so many, she broke the cookie press!
It had seen better days, but I was surprised it completely broke.
I'll probably replace it because her cookies are so worth it.
And then there is this ginormous bag of M&Ms. Crazy!! Really, this should be outlawed.....

My youngest is sitting on my lap and he says that we should do another bookstack. So we'll gather some good Christmas reads today and take a few photos. Maybe there will be some new titles to share with you.

4 Comments:

Blogger ps pirro said...

congratulations on your new pooch! And good for you for adopting her from VHS. We made those pretzel thingies, too (you've been to Poppins, too, I see) and used white choc hugs for the "kisses"... yummy!

9:03 AM  
Blogger Catherine said...

Schnucks!! OMG I miss Schnucks!! LOL! I forgot they weren't just in STL anymore.....btw, we know them. Anyway... and cute pup, too! ;-)

9:55 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Are those pretzel snacks the ones made with Rolos? I love those! They look adorable with the holiday M&Ms. (I'm thinking we've always used pecans on top.) (Amy)

10:25 PM  
Blogger hsing3kinder said...

No Amy, these are made with Hershey's kisses. I love the Rolos idea though! Those are one of my favorites... ~K

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home