a glimpse of what we've been up to
Aside from playing on the table top, we've visited a county courthouse so Grace & Jonathan could get their passports. (and I found this adorable passport cover, it's perfect for Grace's birthday! Who knew there was such a thing as adorable passport covers?!)
We drove to a neighboring county because their processing fee was 25.00 cheaper. The first photo in the triptych is of Lucy inspecting the architecture. As we drove, I read The Sisters Grimm aloud. We're almost done with it. It's a pretty good book, I love how he's included so many different characters from fairy tales & stories. The kids (even Grace) are totally hooked.
We also started reading The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall today. Just One More Book had given the second book, The Penderwicks on Gardam Street a good review recently, so I grabbed the first one while we were at the library yesterday.
The second picture is of one of Grace's snowflakes from the collection she has of ones that she's made.
The last picture is of Parker taking advantage of a warmish-winter day, skating with his bunny. This week we'll be down into the single digits ~ so I'm glad he got out there last week!!
This week we're also fully back into the swing of a schedule. Co-op group meeting on Fridays, art group gathering at our house on Tuesdays, lessons for all of us..... I think I'm finally ready to face 2009.
Still, I have no big annoucement of resolutions or commitments for the year. But I see a sense of order and rythym that occurs naturally if I just let it, and that's what I plan to do.
We drove to a neighboring county because their processing fee was 25.00 cheaper. The first photo in the triptych is of Lucy inspecting the architecture. As we drove, I read The Sisters Grimm aloud. We're almost done with it. It's a pretty good book, I love how he's included so many different characters from fairy tales & stories. The kids (even Grace) are totally hooked.
We also started reading The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall today. Just One More Book had given the second book, The Penderwicks on Gardam Street a good review recently, so I grabbed the first one while we were at the library yesterday.
The second picture is of one of Grace's snowflakes from the collection she has of ones that she's made.

The last picture is of Parker taking advantage of a warmish-winter day, skating with his bunny. This week we'll be down into the single digits ~ so I'm glad he got out there last week!!
This week we're also fully back into the swing of a schedule. Co-op group meeting on Fridays, art group gathering at our house on Tuesdays, lessons for all of us..... I think I'm finally ready to face 2009.
Still, I have no big annoucement of resolutions or commitments for the year. But I see a sense of order and rythym that occurs naturally if I just let it, and that's what I plan to do.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home