2008 Series
one of the cmp prompts for Jan. was to do a series... and it took me a bit to settle on an idea for that. A series seems a bit intimidating for me. I mean to commit to one thing for a length of time? What if I don't like it, what if I'm no good, what if I don't wanna? (read, scared to try, lack of confidence, and a tad of rebellion)
But then the idea seeped into my brain, tumbled around a bit as it has to and it did settle.
I keep an eye on Kayorks series of subway & train sketches, you can find them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kayork/sets/72157594579200491/
I find them inspiring and I love that she uses that daily commute time for creativity! I realized I also had time built in like that at church.
So I started out on a church sketch series, and I expect to follow through for the year. I hope it is a year of growth in my drawing.
So far:



But then the idea seeped into my brain, tumbled around a bit as it has to and it did settle.
I keep an eye on Kayorks series of subway & train sketches, you can find them here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kayork/sets/72157594579200491/
I find them inspiring and I love that she uses that daily commute time for creativity! I realized I also had time built in like that at church.
So I started out on a church sketch series, and I expect to follow through for the year. I hope it is a year of growth in my drawing.
So far:






1 Comments:
I love #3. The bright bit of green really pops. It's a good idea to use that time; it will bring the details into focus.
Post a Comment
<< Home