Monday, January 28, 2008

a peek in my shopping bag


a peek in my shopping bag
Originally uploaded by hsmom2luge
I can cast on okay ( look okay to you?)
cast on
but....
knit stich
the knit stich is not going very well........it seems I can get one row done, then when I switch needles I get lost... also, I hate this yarn.
It keeps splitting, but that is what the sales person said beginners use.
Not giving up yet though... my 7yod really wants to learn, so I'm there with her. Yesterday we were working on it and she was guiding me... that was cool.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

knittinghelp.com

Free videos to watch and watch again. I find them sooooo helpful.

8:56 AM  
Blogger ps pirro said...

Dragonstar suggested size 17 needles (or fatter). She had success with chenille (like Lion Quick & Thick). It's fat and soft but with no eyelashes or hangie bits to confuse a gal. A friend who knits says most folks tend to work "too tight" at first. That would be me. I am also notorious for adding stitches when I switch needles... but I too refuse to give up. And ain't it cool when our kiddos give us pointers? Good luck!

10:02 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

Sales people don't know everything :-).

Knitting help is good. Try to have fun. Sometimes, I chant it to myself, "This is supposed to be fun."

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home