Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Tammy at daisy yellow blog kicked off her week of celebration with "coffee in a cafe with a friend" and oh that struck a chord with me! What a wonderful thing to celebrate. I love love love time spent with friends.
Tonight I'm celebrating a few dear friends ~
Starting at the top left ~ my friends Annette and Sheryl. (Sheryl is the inspiration for my love your kids post. ) The three of us met as much as possible in 2005 & 2006 to solve the world's problems. They could have talked all night & I would have been good to gleen everything I could.
Next is my sweet goddaughter Reese and her momma, Emily, nearly out of the frame... I couldn't find the photo I wanted!
Emily stepped into our lives 13 years ago and is my "step up" friend.
She has stepped up and helped sooooo many times. She has filled the gap when others couldn't. She has taken over as godmother to my children when their godmothers have bailed.
I am eternally thankful for her love and prayers for my children and I'm honored to do the same for hers.
Second row, making popcorn are my Lutheran friends, Liz and Laureen! We are sisters in the Lutheran hood, in the homeschooling hood and prayer partners.
The next photo is of Laureen (again) and Michelle. Michelle and I have been close close friends since I was 19 (that's us in the third row). She is my coffee buddy.
We just met last night for coffee, purused Target, discussed the economy and her husband's upcoming surgery. There are nights that it only takes a phone call and we drop everything to do that.
Sometimes that's what it takes, isn't it?
The last photo is of the POTP gals. POTP stands for Prayer On The Porch. My small group that often meets on my front porch for prayer, study and snacks.
This photo is from a retreat we took last year with our daughters.
Such a special get-a-way.
I am so blessed with the amazing support of these
beautiful women. Absolutely something to celebrate!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home