Sunday, April 12, 2009

It's been a whole year.. a year of choosing to unschool. The oldest and I really chose, the younger two pretty oblivious to any planned changes. I *think* that's a good thing... they have been known to say, "We can do school whenever we want!" this year. Perhaps since our commitments outside of the house haven't changed much, our routine seemed about the same.
Interestingly, I don't see that much has changed ~
Sunday morning
there are still many creative hours...
morning drawing
most of them spent right here, at my favorite place in the house.
I thought we would step up our read aloud time this year, but
honestly I think it was about the same.
lu
Lucy
I thought that at the end of this year, my anxiety level would have gone down.
You know.. all the thoughts that we have as moms, "is this enough?"..
"am I doing it right"...
stripes on stripes 2
but those thoughts haven't changed this year.. those little tidbits of worry still hang about in my mind.
august 300
Yet there is not much I want to change.
control center
I still wanna watch them explore
Watching dumplings
and grow into their talents
365:23
and delve into their interests.
Lucy's flying machines
And I can say that I really trust that all will fall into place as needed.

Ask and it shall be given unto you,
Seek and you shall find."
As you submit to Christ in all you do,
He’ll cleanse your heart and mind -
Satisfying your hungry soul each day
With manna from above,
Revealing to you His will and way,
And His unchanging love.
"Knock and it shall be opened unto you" -
God’s grace and power receive.
He’ll give you joy and life anew,
And all your fears relieve.
As you stand on firm foundation -
Christ, the solid Rock,
There’s assurance of salvation,
And blessings when you knock.
So, "Ask and it shall be given unto you,
Seek and you shall find."
His peace will, surely flood your soul,
And heal your troubled mind.
~Connie Campbell Bratcher © 1996

4 Comments:

Blogger Emily Volkman said...

**tear** love it

8:42 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

We're nearing the end of our first year unschooling and I have to say I wouldn't change a thing. It was a very good year.

I'll admit to some worries and doubts though just the same :)

7:14 AM  
Blogger Mollie said...

I'm not sure if my mom made a conscious decision to unschool, or if it just sort of happened. I always worried that I wasn't learning anything because it wasn't painful!

But I did learn, and I continue to watch little ones learn! Keep on!

7:20 AM  
Blogger mamakopp said...

so sweet. love it.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home